Saturday, October 18, 2008

Another update from us because I'm too lame to be blogging on a regular basis.

I can't believe it's been over a month since my last entry!. Life in general is the same, yet, different. Ya know what I mean? I've at least been pretty good about taking pictures (on the hopes that I would use them to blog and keep my friends and family updated). I forget that this blog is kinda like a journal for our family - especially when it comes to the kiddies.

So, take a seat, relax and be prepared to be entertained with the happenings of the Todd and Hyo North family (hee, hee!!):

So Todd and I were doing some pre-fall cleaning when we happened to find "this!" O.k...so I hate spiders, especially hairy, grey and black ones that are larger than the size of a peanut...and this was so much bigger than a peanut. I would say that it was about 3 to 4 inches in diameter (curled up mode). When I saw this, the first thing that came to mind was that it was a tarantula and that was because our neighbors (The Harlins) found one exactly like this one but sooooo much bigger...I would say it was about 6 inches wide spread out...freak!!...where do we live???..oh, up near the mountains...of course, right? Well, we couldn't tell if it was "asleep" or "dead" so Todd poked at it a few times and we then concluded that it was "dead." I was relieved.

So Ethan has blocked tear duct issues and his first surgery was scheduled for August. So here he is in his cute hospital gown and people, please don't be fooled.....he may look like he's having a good time, but he wasn't. He was starving, in a foreign place, tired and was totally orny that he couldn't play with all the gadgets. To make a very long story short (our day began at 4:30 a.m.), the doctors opted to not do the surgery because they felt that he was not well enought (what the????) Not well? So he was alittle conjested for a few days ago and sometimes coughs in the morning!!...yes, we were mad. So either I'll be able to de-block his tear ducts the home remedy way or hopefully he'll be able to go through with this surger next Wednesday (pray for us please!!)
Our not-so-little-anymore Ashlyn started preschool this year at The Children's Academy which is just 5 minutes away from us. Here she is with her teacher Ms. Heidi. It took Ashlyn a couple of days to get with the curriculum. But now she's doing great and has made some fun friends that she comes home and talks about.
I thought this pic was funny. Here's Ethan just finishing his milk and Ashlyn imitating him but with her water bottle. She's really felt the need to do what he's doing, even sucking on her fingers and he, is the same with her...he's aways trying to do what she's doing. Ah siblings.
This basically encompasses the grocery shopping experience for my kids....they're so great!!

So there you have it. Nothing too extraordinary....but life with these two crazy, loveable, funny, out of control, hilarious kids make each and every day so very special and we are ever so grateful to have them.





3 comments:

Rozemary said...

Oh hun! Your family is adorable!
It's so nice to reconnect and catch up.
Look forward to reading more! =)
XOXO

Leslie Behunin said...

I'd be a little freaked out by that spider, too! I hope Ethan's tear duct clears it's self up. I can't imagine having to put your little one "under" for any kind of procedure!

Kari said...

They're getting so big. Sounds like you are having fun with them. We'll be there in December, so we should get together!