Monday, October 6, 2008

CLAM Mission Reunion

I never thought I'd go to another mission reunion again. Not because I didn't necessarily want to, I just thought that well, it's been over 10 years since I've been home, so no more mission reunions....right?....so wrong!! Over the summer, Nate Creer emailed a bunch of us saying that they wanted to put together a mission reunion for those that served in the California Los Angeles Mission (CLAM for short) under President Karl Farnsworth. My first thoughts were..."there is no way I'm going to my mission reunion....I won't recognize or know anyone." Well, I was talking to my dear friend "Kasper" and she talked me into going saying that she and a couple other ;sisters wanted to do kinda like a "girls getaway." Girls Getaway?...o.k., I'm so in!! So here we are over 10 years after coming home:

That's Jennifer Whitlow-Taylor; Me; Jessica Kasperian-Gomez; Julie Wilson-Meikle (did I spell that right?). We did dinner before the reunion, gossiped and then headed over to the reunion and finally finished the evening hanging out at Red Mango till it closed (midnight, or so).
This is a pic of us girls at the reunion PLUS Brian Taylor...he was our ever awesome District Leader. I just realized that I didn't get a pic of his beautiful and super cool wife Gina (sorry Gina!!..next time!)

And here we are over 10 years AGO in one of the sister's apartment on Temple Hill (right behind the LA Temple)...and yes, I had a short, A-line haircut then:
The three girls were called to be VC (Visitor Center) Spanish speaking sisters...so how did I get in with them since I was called as a proselyting, english speaking sister?....well, I was temporarily called to the VC to be with Sister Julie Wilson and to serve in a english speaking area and during that time, I got to know the best sisters ever. We had such crazy times!! This my beautiful greenie, Jill Smith-Judson, she's the mom of 5 kids: 1 daughter and 2 sets of twins (1 set of girls and then another set of boys)


...and of course, , my mission president: Pres. Karl Farnsworth and his beautiful and so sweet wife.


It was fun everyone, can't want to get together again!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fond memories!!!!!!! Kasparian looks just the same. Jill looks great with all those twins.....Kimmy you are awesome. Pres looks good too. Too bad Alaska is so stinking far away!