Saturday, December 1, 2007

Traditions

I've always looked forward to establishing our own family traditions. When I asked Todd what he remembered about his mom during the holidays, he said that his mom always began the Christmas season AFTER Thanksgiving...so after Thanksgiving, we're going to being our Christmas holiday with the placing of a wreath on Grandma Ginny's gravesite. Ashlyn thought this was great fun and I think she sensed the importance of what we were doing. Afterwards, we got our little tree out and Ashlyn helped decorate it with "crackernuts" (nutcrackers) and "star of Bethlehems" as she calls them. She LOVES to sit by the Christmas tree and I can't blame her...I, myself, still find a decorated and lighted Christmas tree fascinating and special.



2 comments:

heidirees said...

I'm so glad you guys are there. It really means a lot to me that you watch over my mom and put flowers there. So, thank you for that. Ashlyn is so cute...I also love Christmas trees. They are just magical. It's relaxing just to sit and watch it. Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

I left a post on this awhile ago and just found out it didn't post I guess.

We appreciate you guys so much taking care of Ginny's grave. We love you!

We have a beautiful decoration of an angel playing the violin that reminds us of Ginny at Christmas.