Thursday, April 10, 2008

No "Mom of the Year" for me...

So a couple of weeks ago, we were at my mom's for dinner. Todd was playing with Ethan while I was in the kitchen talking to my mom. Well, he had to move the car so he brought Ethan into the kitchen and asked me to watch him...and I was..until the girls (Ashlyn and cousin Kailee) said they had to go potty, so I took the girls to the bathroom.....when we were done....I hear commotion...oh man....Ethan had fallen down the stairs. And in the words of my brother, it went something like this: thump, thump, WAAAA, thump,thump, WAAA...all the way down the stairs. Now, I can't blame my mother because she was cooking dinner...I only fault myself...so dear sweet Ethan, I'm so sorry...

Now you may think that after this experience he would avoid the stairs like the plague...nope, so my parents finally bought a gate..and well, I better start teaching him about working the stairs, huh?

2 comments:

Kristine Tanner said...

Oh, I know how you feel. Both Ashley and Ty have had their turns down the stairs. It is so scary! I am determined that Sarah will be spared. She never used to get too close to the stairs when she got away from me, but now that she's walking she is getting alot more daring and makes me nervous. I hope I can keep at least one of them from falling!!

heidirees said...

It's a good things kids are so resilient, huh!! I think of the things that my kids have been through...it's amazing that we all survive through childhood.